|Make your own slideshow design|
Monday, December 11, 2017
Snow in Vermont!
This afternoon we were able to snowshoe this afternoon. It was a great experience. We learned how to put our snowshoes on and off. We also learned how to take care of them.
We have our snowshoes because of a grant from the Vermont NEA.
Friday, December 8, 2017
|Customize your own picture collage|
Our new games will help us.....
become strong readers
strengthen our phonological awareness
reinforce letter recognition and sounds
think about sounds at the beginning and end of words
books that we can read
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
|Another free slideshow design by Smilebox|
1. The more we blew at our boats, the more waves we created so some of our people got wet from the waves.
2. Tin foil is light and easy to create with. It also floats.
3. Clay is heavier and our boats made of clay sank.
4. Plastic floats.
5. We collaborated and shared ideas with each other.
6. We had fun. Everyone was able to share their idea.
7. We liked reflecting in our new journals about what we did.
Friday, December 1, 2017
Zero Hunger: Gloabl Goal #2
This afternoon we walked to our local food shelf to drop off 3 wagons full of food. We are exploring how to help people get food who are hungry. As we explore this goal over the next 2 months we look forward to learning about food, where it comes from and what others in our community do to help people who are hungry.
Please add to our padlet. What is in your lunch?
|Personalize a free digital slideshow|
Monday, November 27, 2017
Monday in the Woods
In the afternoon we walked up the hill to look at our class tree. We noticed the following things;
1. The tree has roots above the ground.
2. It has lots of branches.
3. We saw a bird's nest in the tree.
4. Our tree has no leaves.
5. The tree has bark that is different colors.
6. You can see the town from our tree.
1. What happens to the birds?
2. We wonder how far the tree roots grow?
3. We wonder if the tree roots are part of other trees.
4. We are thinking about if the tree gets cold in winter.
5. What animals live in our tree?
|Customize a picture slideshow|
This morning we had an opportunity to have a conversation with a forest ranger in Yellowstone National Park. We used @Skypeclassroom as a way to connect.
We learned about what we can do to help the forests.
spend time in the forest
learn about the forest and what lives there
care about the forest
learn about trees
|This photo collage made with Smilebox|
Friday, November 17, 2017
|This collage made with Smilebox|
- ▼ December (4)
- ► 2016 (76)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (125)
- ► 2009 (237)